Glazed kitchen extensions, Buckinghamshire. Planning your extension.
Are you looking for a specialist in glazed kitchen extensions, Buckinghamshire? We are experts in this area and would be happy to give you a free, no-obligation quote. Call us today on 07551756279.
The desired purpose of a glazed extension is to add the illusion of space,-bring natural light into the house, create a natural indoor-outdoor living experience. So what should you consider when planning your glazed extension? Solarlux glass perfectly creates that desired effect.
Tip; buy the biggest glass panels you can afford and go for minimalist frames. Chunky frames detract hugely from the desired effect of the indoor-outdoor experience.
For you glazed kitchen extensions, Decide whether you want sliding wall or bi-fold doors.
The purpose of having doors like these is to bring the outside inside and extend the inside to outside. This effect is created when you keep the floor levels inside and outside the same. you dot want the old-fashioned way of having to step over the frame of double glazed patio doors. those days are gone. the industry has moved on and when selling your house to a future buyer, they will expect this kind of modern finish.
Designing your glazed extension can be fun. Engage an architect with flair or call us for some design ideas on 07551756279.
Solid roof structures are preferred in the UK to avoid that conservatory effect of being too hot in the summer and too cold in the winter. The doors can come with thermal cavity and either double or triple glazed.
There is no limit to what you can achieve. Excellent design can achieve planning approval.
You will require planning consent if;
- Your extension covers more than half the square footage of your land around your home.
- You want to extend more than 6m for a semi-detached house or 8m for a detached house. (note; these permitted development measurements expire in May 2019, so its wise to do your extension now).
- If you plan to extend more than half the width of your Home.
- If you plan the height of a single storey development to be higher than 4m.
- You want to extend using different construction materials than your current Home.